Russian Health Care Week 2019 Results
- I am focused on projects improving the quality of life of people with disabilities. We are sharing our practices. The exhibition has a stand, which presents the Dobropoyezd project, which visited nine cities this spring. We are working with children in wheelchairs, blind children, children with diabetes, and children with cerebral palsy. We organise "success story" forums in every city to tell the audience how a person has recovered from a horrid accident and has found strength to keep on going.
- This is an interesting trade show, which broadly represents clinics and institutes. It is impossible to single out one showcase because everyone has been creative about demonstrating the activity of regions, clusters, or particular organisations. All of that creates a good impression and gives an idea of the domestic health care sector. The exhibition is taking place on the sidelines of Russian Health Care Week. It is our task to show what health care is, and what it can offer to our citizens and foreign patients.
- Russian Health Care Week has become traditional. The initiative of the Russian Health Care Ministry and our colleagues and physicians, has proven to be right, because it offers a chance to exchange views on the existent health care challenges and tasks and see new equipment and technologies. In my opinion, the end-of-year meetings which take place on the Week's sidelines and bring together all colleagues are extremely useful.
- We regularly participate in Russian Health Care Week. Topics vary depending on the tasks set for the health care industry. National health care projects are promising and ambitious. The Russian Health Care Ministry and the Russian government are keen on preserving health of the population and are carrying out preventive programs.
- This Russian Health Care Week responded to the executive order of the President of Russia regarding a longer life of the elder generation and presented a new format of using health resorts for keeping elderly citizens healthy and making them available to persons with disabilities. Hopefully, the forum will boost the involvement of the tourism industry and health resorts in the accomplishment of tasks set by the president.
- We have come to Russia because a very important Russian-British-Czech study of heart disease risk factors has been underway around the world for more than 15 years. We need to share its results with colleagues. I am glad we can do that in the course of the exhibition considering that health care is important to all of us. Hopefully, our cooperation will improve care for our common patients: citizens of Russia and the UK who come to the Czech Republic, and Czech citizens who go to those countries. We are trying to create the best conditions for them. Meeting in person has paramount significance. We should meet, get acquainted, and discuss our problems. We would like conferences dedicated to Russian-British-Czech studies to be regular events.
- Expocentre is again playing host to the INCLUSION-EXPO forum. The number of remarkable speakers has increased. The forum is attended by disabled people who are vocal about their vhallenges, achievements, and things that need attention.
Today, our speakers have addressed professional orientation and inclusive education. We will also confer on the prevention of disabilities and lots of aspects of the daily life of disabled persons. We have seen wonderful videos about what disable people could do. They take parachute jumps, swim, go diving, travel as tourists, and do practically everything else healthy people do. We can say that we have created accessible environment, which makes everyone equal.
- There is no doubt that coaching seminars on effective exhibiting, which are held by Nikolay Karasyov at Expocentre, have been useful. We have not used some of his suggestions considering that he provided plenty of materials, but everything we did worked. For instance, he gave us wonderful advice: the stand must work. Weight benches for spine rehabilitation, which we presented at the stand, were very popular. Their previous modification is known to the Russian medical community. Now health workers, doctors, and people selling medical equipment, whom we have talked to, can see the new version of training machines of the David brand. We have also got new contracts.