The years 2022 to 2031 have been declared the Decade of Science and Technology by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation. The aim of the Decade is to ensure Russia's competitiveness in the global high-tech market and to guarantee the country's technological sovereignty and economic security. The main objectives are to attract talented young people into research and development, to involve experienced professionals in solving the most important technical problems for the country, and to bring awareness to the accomplishments of Russian scientists.
The results of the Decade’s current year will be traditionally summed up at Russian Health Care Week 2023, which will be held from 4 through 8 December 2023 at EXPOCENTRE Fairgrounds, Moscow.
In order to strengthen the role of science and technology in addressing the most important challenges for the development of society and the country, the Week’s distinctive feature in 2022 was its inclusion in two initiatives of the Decade of Science and Technology in Russia: Designing the Future and Interaction Platforms for Science, Business, State and Society.
Russian Health Care Week dates back to the Zdravookhraneniye exhibition, which has been held since 1974 and is one of the oldest medical trade shows in Europe.
The Week is organised by the Russian State Duma, the Russian Ministry of Health Care and EXPOCENTRE AO with support of the Russian Federation Council and the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Russian Ministry of Economic Development, and under auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The Week is traditionally included in the list of events supported by the Russian Ministry of Health Care and in the general list of events held in Russia and abroad for participation of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade.
The Week’s events cover almost the entire medical and health care industry from development to production of medical devices, from scientific research to practical applications in medicine. EXPOCENTRE Fairgrounds hosts displays of the latest medical equipment, medical products, consumables, rehabilitation and prevention equipment, aesthetic medicine products, pharmaceuticals and products for healthy lifestyles, medical and health-improving services, health improvement and treatment technologies in Russia and abroad, as well as major business and scientific events.
The trade shows of Russian Health Care Week 2022 – Zdravookhraneniye, Healthy Lifestyle, and MedTravelExpo. Medical Clinics. Health and Spa Resorts – welcomed 799 companies from 45 Russian regions and 15 countries.
The Week’s conference programme brought together 90 major events with 940 leading Russian and foreign speakers, and more than 20,000 professional visitors.
The most important events of the Week’s conference programme were: the Russian Assembly of Professionals in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Industries; the PharmMedProm Forum; the Strategy Session on the Decade for Science and Technology: Medicine, Human Resources, Laws; meetings of the profile commissions of the Russian Ministry of Health Care for different pathologies; the Interdisciplinary Forum ‘THE YOUNG MEDICINE’; the Conference on Technological Sovereignty and Innovative Development of Digital Medicine; the Panel Discussion of Support Measures for the Innovative Development of the Medical Industry; the Plenary Session of the Board of the Russian Society of Cardiology; the International Scientific Conference on the Current State and Development Prospects of the Elite Sports Medicine – SportMed 2022; the 4th Scientific and Methodological Forum for Health Care Managers; the INCLUSION-EXPO International Forum: Rehabilitation. Accessible Environment. Assistive Technologies; the 4th Congress on Health Resort Industry. Science. Results; the Forum on Health Resorts and Spas: Wait or Act Now?; the Presentation of Cuba: Health for Everyone; the Panel Discussion on Medical Robots and Intelligent Control Systems: Diagnosis, Rehabilitation, Surgery; the Forum on Pharmacy 4.0: Innovation, Technology, Strategy of the Future; the Global Medical Tourism Summit; the International Medical Tourism Workshop, etc.
Preparations are currently underway for Russian Health Care Week 2023. The core of the display will consist of stands showcasing the development of medicine, including the creation and promotion of knowledge-intensive products and services in different Russian regions, presenting innovative medical products, as well as the best clinics, medical centres and health resorts.
Russian Health Care Week 2023 is expected to host more than 90 major events including:
- Russian Assembly of Professionals in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Industries
- Strategy Session on the Decade for Science and Technology: Medicine
- Meetings of the profile commissions of the Russian Ministry of Health Care for different pathologies
- Forum on Technological Sovereignty in Digital Medicine
- Interdisciplinary Forum ‘THE YOUNG MEDICINE’:
- Foresight session on Russia Needs You: Mentoring and Employing Young Medical Professionals
- Panel on Science to Medicine. Keeping Ahead of the Curve
- Biomedical Module on the Polypeptide Therapy: New Opportunities for Russia
- International Scientific Conference on the Current State and Development Prospects of the Elite Sports Medicine – SportMed 2023
- Working group on the development of sports medicine of the Presidential Council for the Development of Physical Culture and Sport
- Scientific and Methodological Forum for Health Care Managers 2023
- INCLUSION-EXPO International Forum: Rehabilitation. Accessible Environment. Assistive Technologies
- Forum on Preventive Continuum
- 5th Congress on Health Resort Industry as Part of the Russian Health Care System
- Annual Scientific Forum on Stomatology 2023
- Section on Ambulance and Disaster Medicine
- 5th Conference on Additive Technologies for Medicine: International and Russian Experience
- Forum on Robotics in Medicine: New Prospects and Opportunities
- Russian Forum on Strategic Challenges of the Medical Devices Market
- International Medical Tourism Workshop
- Forum on Pharmacy 4.0: Innovation, Technology, Strategy of the Future
- Forum on Health Resorts and Spas: Wait or Act Now?